August 29, 2015 – Spring-Ford 9th Grade Center
A3 HOOPS in conjunction with Philly Coaches vs. Cancer hosted the 2nd Annual “Shoot the Lights out on Cancer” free-throw shooting competition. A day where shooters both young and old, ballers and housewives came together as a community to bring awareness to the fight against cancer.
A3 HOOPS was extremely humbled by the support and outreach received. After the success we experienced in 2014, we challenged ourselves to be more creative and set a loftier monetary goal of $10,000.00. I am excited to announce for the 2nd year in a row, we have exceeded our monetary goal and raised $10,100.00. This success would not have been realized without the support of the American Cancer Society, Philly Coaches vs. Cancer School Initiative, City Six Coaches, Spring-Ford School District, all our amazing sponsors and volunteers. Words alone cannot express my gratitude to all those who supported this event and I look forward to crushing our number next year.
In just 2 years we have raised $16,266.55.
We would love to hear from you about the event. Please email [email protected] with any feedback.
Free-Throw Division Results
- Boys Grade School Division Champion: Trey R.
- Girls Grade School Division Champion: Ashley O.
- Boys Middle School Division Champion: Justin K.
- Girls Middle School Division Champion: Emily H.
- Boys High School Division Champion: Chase A.
- Girls High School Division Champion: Ali H.
- Men’s Adult Division Champion: Eric C.
- Women’s Adult Division Champion: Julia R.
All proceeds donated to support Philly Coaches vs. Cancer & Cancer Research